MAC address which is also known as the Media Access Control feature comes pre-equipped in most of the HP Printers. This address plays an essential role in identifying every device attached to a particular network. The device which is present on your filter list can only access your network once you enable it. Whenever you need to find the HP printer’s MAC address of your device, in that case, the printer scan be more problematic than computers.
You may also take the help of the HP Support Assistant, to resolve this issue. In this article, you will find easy to follow steps on how to find the MAC address on your HP Printer.
Possible ways to locate the MAC address
From your Windows, you simply need to navigate to command prompt and type ipconfig/all. However, as we all know that all the printers are not compatible with the keyboard feature; you need to perform manual steps to do so. Before continuing with the steps to find the MAC address, you need to first find the IP address.
Steps to find your HP printer’s IP address
- Navigate to the control panel of your device and click-open it.
- Head to the “Hardware and sound” section and click on the link given for “devices and printers”.
- Locate the name of your HP Printer and right-click on it.
- From the pop-up menu that appears, choose “Properties” option.
- In this step, move to the “Ports” section and select the standard TCP/IP port entry.
- Now, you have to click on the configure port button. You will be directed to the page where you will see the IP address along with the printer’s name.
After finding out the IP address, locate the MAC address by performing the steps that follow.
Steps to find the HP Printer’s MAC address
- Click on the “Start” button of your device and open the Quick access menu.
- Search the command prompt tab and open it.
- In the next step, simply type the given words without quotation marks “arp-a” and hit the “Enter” key.
- Here, you have to look for the IP address that you found in the previous procedure and you will see the MAC address available just next to it.
In case you are unable to find the MAC address or the IP address of your HP Printer use HP Print and Scan Doctor. You can also get support from HP Printer Support team to find the hasty-solutions regarding your HP Printer issues. The capable team of technician will help you round the clock. You just need to visit the official site and use the “Live Chat” option. You may also dial the support number given on the website to get served.