There can be many errors to occur on your device out of which “Boot device not found” is one of the commonly occurring errors faced by the users. Any operating device, be it a laptop, PC, computer or a desktop this error can be found easily existing. It occurs unexpectedly without giving you time to recover. Although it is hard to detect this error at a preliminary stage, you can easily fix this error by following a set of measurements.
The measures to be discussed in the article are only applicable if you see these messages on the screen of your Windows 10 OS:-
- Boot device not found please install an operating system on your hard disk 3f0”.
- Boot device not found HP.
- No boot device found- HP hard disk 3f0.
- Boot device not found- insert boot disk and press any key.
When the “Boot device not found” error does take place?
A “Boot device not found” error occurs when the hard disk does not support the system’s boot process. When the booting process is on the OS will load into RAM and complete this process a setup process starts and the Basic Input-Output system takes charge. It then accesses certain files from the bootable device that is your hard disk. However, if you are unable to access the hard drive then “Boot device not found” error pops up on your screen. For more information, visit www.hp.com/go/techcenter/startup.
What are the reasons behind the “Boot device not found” Error?
There are certain reasons that are responsible for “Boot device not found” error is as follows:-
- There is an incorrect boot sequence in the BIOS.
- If the MBR is damaged.
- There might be a connection issue with the hard drive.
- Your device has been attacked by malware.
- There are corrupt hard drive partitions.
- You have a damaged hard drive slot on your PC or computer.
What can be the steps to fix “Boot Device not found” error?
Be it HP envy or any other laptop model, this error is very common in any device. To fix this error, you need to follow the steps mentioned below:-
- In the initial step, you need to perform a Hard reset
- After this, you need to restore the BIOS default settings.
- Now, reset the hard drive.
- By following these steps you can easily fix the “Boot Device Not Found” error.
Note: – If you are still unable to resolve this error then it is recommended to install HP Print and Scan Doctor driver to scan and resolve the error.
The HP hard disk 3f0 error can easily turn your computing systems into faulty machines. You just need to stay calm and composed and follow the steps that are mentioned here to fix the “Boot device not found” error. If the error still persists then it is recommended to get in touch with the HP Support assistants via www.hp.com/go/techcenter/startup.