Most commonly the driver power state failure occurs when the computer or your working device driver goes into the sleep mode abruptly. The windows operating system sends a wake signal to the device once it is needed and if the device doesn’t respond you will see the Driver power state failure error on your Windows 10, Windows 8 or Windows 7 screen. The second most prominent reason for this error to occur is the issues with the driver or modifications to be done in power settings.
What is driver power state failure?
The Driver Power state failure error is when the user experiences a Blue Screen of death which occurs due to incompatible driver that is installed on your Windows operating system or HP Pavilion laptop. The reason behind this error to occur can be the power settings or there can be some drivers that are having incompatible issues with the system.
What are the steps to fix driver power state failure windows 10?
You can try to update both graphic drivers and Wi-Fi card drivers which make sense. So here are the steps given below:
- Go to the ‘Control Panel” and then tap on the “Hardware, Sound and Device Manager” option.
- Choose your Network adapter or the Display adapter.
- Now, you have to double click or right-click on the option that is labeled as “Update Driver Software and Search automatically…”.
- After this, you have to reboot your computer and then retest to check.
What can be done if driver power state failure on restart, on startup or on shutdown?
There can be many solutions to resolve or fix this issue some of the solutions are as follows:
- You can choose to update your drivers.
- You can enter the Safe Mode and then remove the drivers that are recently installed.
- Performing an SFC scan.
- Change the Power or Power Plan settings.
- You can disable or remove the antivirus software if you have installed any.
- Just reverts to your graphics card drivers to the older version.
- Choose to change the “Power Settings in Nvidia.
- Modification in the device’s Power options.
Note: Out of the listed solutions one of the most suitable solutions is to change the Power settings via Control panel of your Windows 10, Windows 8 or Windows 7 Operating systems.
How to change the Power settings via Control Panel on Windows 10?
If you wish to change to Power settings in your respective Windows operating systems then follow the steps given below:
- Firstly, you have to tap on the “Windows Key+ S” and then enter the “Control Panel.
- After this, select the option labeled as “Control Panel” from the list on-screen.
- Once the Control Panel window opens, search and click on the “Power options”.
- Now, tap on the option “Choose what the power button does”.
- Tap on the “Change settings that are currently unavailable” option.
- After this, you have to disable the “Turn off fast startup (recommended), sleep and Hibernate options.
- Now, you just have to click on the “Save Changes” option.
In a conclusive viewpoint:
The driver power state failure is a very common error to occur that usually happens due to faulty drivers or the other Windows software related issues. We hope that this article has helped you to overcome or fix the driver power state failure error. If you are still unable to fix the error then we recommend you install an HP Support Assistant driver that will help you to resolve the issue. You can visit the official HP website and download the Support assistant driver.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Is blue screen of death bad?
If you have a Windows operating system then a blue screen of death can pop up anytime when there are some type of hardware or software issues. There can be a memory conflict or a bad driver that causes your PC crash. So, the blue screen of death or the driver power state failure is bad to an average person.
Does factory reset fix blue screen of death on my HP Laptop?
The error can be caused by different things from overheating to conflicts in the driver or unstable operating system. A factory reset of Windows cannot hurt but it may not fix the issue completely. Resting to fix the blue screen of death can cause you to reinstall a bunch of software and programs and much more with some external files or documents on the run.