It is important to acknowledge that you can easily print from Chromebook using the printers that connect to the wifi or are wired networks. At present, the Chromebooks do not support Bluetooth printing. Here are certain tips you need to remember when you print from the Chromebook:
- You can use the USB cable to connect your printer with the Chromebook.
- When you use the cable, you will see the notification popping up on-screen.
- Follow the on-screen instructions that come on-screen.
- The printer won’t need to be connected to the Wifi that is directly connected to the Chromebook.
- If you are using a USB cable, then you have to follow the instructions coming on the screen.
What are the steps to print from the Chromebook?
Here are the steps that will help you to print using the Chromebook:
- First of all, you need to get connected to the internet
- For this, you have to turn on the printer.
- Connect the printer to the network and if you need assistance then follow the printer manufacturer’s instructions.
- If you have not yet, then you need to turn on the Chromebook and sign in.
- After this, connect the Chromebook to the same network as the printer
- Just print a page.
- To print the page, image, or document you are viewing you can press the “Cntrl+p” option.
- The next step to select the “Down arrow” that is next to the “Destination” option.
- Select the “See more..” option.
- Choose the printer and tap on the option to “Print” option.
How to add the printer to the Chromebook?
- Select the time from the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Now, tap on the “Settings” option.
- Tap on the “Advanced” option.
- After this, you have to select “Printers” under the “Printing” section.
- Under the “Available printers to save” select the “Save” option.
- You have to tap on the “Saved Printers” option.
Hp printer mac error setting up the device
If you want that HP Printer Mac error in setting up the device, follow the instructions carefully to avoid the error:
- You need to reset the HP printer system on Mac because resetting the print system on any operating system will help you to remove all the HP and non-HP printers along with the printer preferences.
- Tap on the “Apple” icon and click on the “System Preferences” tab.
- Click on the “Printers and Scanners, Print and scan or the Print and Fax” option.
- You have to right-click on the control and tap anywhere in the “Printers” list.
- After this, you have to tap on the “Reset printing system”.
- You have to tap on the “Reset” option to confirm.
- Type the administrator name and password and then tap o the “OK” to complete the reset process.
- Once the reset process is completed, you have to re-add the printer.
- Tap on the “Plus” sign and your printer in the list and tap on the “Add” option.
How to uninstall the HP print driver and add your Printer with AirPrint?
In order to fix the error setting up the printer on Chromebook you need to remove any print driver and software that is installed on your Mac, you can add the printer with the AirPrint, follow the steps carefully:
- First of all, you need to download and open the “HP Easy Start” option.
- From the HP easy start menu, you have to tap on the “Uninstall HP Software” option.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to uninstall the HP software.
- Tap on the Apple icon and click on the “System Preferences” and tap on the “Printers & Scanners, Print and Scan, or Print and Fax” option.
- Click on the “Plus” sign and select the printer from the list.
- Tap on the “Use or Print Using” field and select the “AirPrint” option from the drop-down and tap on the “Add” option.
- If the Airprint is unavailable to print or you need a specific HP-only feature then you have to go to the “HP Software and Driver Downloads” option to download the HP software for the printer.
Chromebook can’t connect to the printer
If you are wondering why you are facing issues with errors setting up the printer on Chromebook, then this section will help you. If your printer and Chromebook are connected to the same network then it should appear on the list. If it is not showing up then you need to make sure that both the devices are on the same wifi and try again later. If this has worked then the printer has been successfully connected to the Chromebook in use.
Fix Chromebook Error Setting Up Printer
To fix the error setting up printer on Chromebook you need to follow the steps that are given below:
- Select the time from the bottom right of the screen.
- Tap on the “Settings” option.
- Click on the “Advanced” option to proceed.
- Select the “Printers” from the “Printing” option.
- Next to the name of the printer, you have to tap on the “More edit” option.
- Make sure that all your printer information is correct and there are no spelling mistakes.
Error setting up the printer on Chromebook
If the Chromebook says it is failed to set up the printer, you can use a different pairing method and update the operating system and printer firmware. Or you can remove the printer and add it again to fix the error.
In a conclusive viewpoint:
In the end, we hope that you have now successfully completed the process to fix the error setting up a printer on Chromebook. However, if you are still stuck up with the process then you can visit the official website of HP Support for customers and get assistance online.