Sometimes, when you try to print using Google cloud printer, you come across annoying error messages. One of those error messages is that the Google cloud printer is offline. This situation troubles a user a lot because he doesn’t know what to do next. Printer offline error can occur in the following manners:
- When you give the print command, you receive an error message saying ‘Offline’.
- You are not able to make a selection for the printer.
- Even after giving the print command, you don’t get any print.
- ‘looking for printer’ status appears on your screen again and again.
- The print command gets stuck in the queue and says ‘waiting for printer’.
Why does my Google cloud print says printer is offline?
The main reason why you are coming across this error message is that there is miscommunication between the printer and the device. Sometimes, poor internet connectivity is also the cause behind it. In case the cords of the printer are loosely connected to the wall socket, then also it will show offline.
Other than this, misconfiguration during the setup process of the printer can also cause this error. Moreover, outdated firmware or the printer can also cause this issue.
Effective workarounds to fix google cloud print printer offline error
- At first, you need to ensure that your printer is connected properly and is receiving power supply. Make sure it is turned on properly. If everything seems fine, then you may try turning off and on your printer to get rid of some minor issues with the printer.
- Next, you have to check if your printer is properly connected to the Internet or not because to print using Google cloud printer, you need high-speed and live internet connectivity.
- Make sure that you are using a printer that is Google cloud-ready. If it is not, then you won’t be able to print.
- Also, make sure that your device is not in deep sleep, hibernation, or standby mode.
- Make sure that you are logged in to the same Google account on your desktop as well as the printer.
- If everything seems fine, then you may verify that you are sending the print command to the correct printer or not. You should select your printer as a Google cloud printer.
- You can also check that your printer configuration is correct or not and that it isn’t set to ‘Use Printer Offline’.
- Make sure your device is running on the latest version of the operating system because in some cases it might be the issue.
If nothing of this sort works right in getting rid of the offline error, then you may forward your concern to the HP Support team because sometimes the fault could be with your HP printer.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is replacing Google Cloud Print?
As Google has made an announcement that Google cloud printer will no longer work from January 1, 2021, therefore, you won’t be able to use it after that period. You can switch to any printing service of your choice in the year 2021 since there is no replacement made by Google.
How do I get my printer from offline to online?
To get your printer from offline to online, restart your printer, and make sure that it is receiving proper internet connectivity. Also, disable the ‘Use Printer Offline’ service.
How do I disable Google Cloud Print?
Open Google chrome and select ‘customize and control’ button. Now, from the settings menu, go to the advanced settings menu. Further, click on the ‘Manage’ button next to ‘Google cloud print’ and then disable it.
Is Google Cloud Printing free?
Yes, Google cloud printing service is completely free of cost. Using the cloud printing mechanism, users can easily print from anywhere wirelessly by making use of the WiFi printers.
Does cloud print cost money?
No, cloud print services by Google don’t cost any money. All, you need to pay is for your printer and for the ink. The cloud printing technology does not cost an amount to the user.