The moment your HP computer freezes up or locks up all the activities gets stopped on the computer’s monitor and all the running programs get stopped. This especially is an awful moment especially when it happens at a regular interval constantly. If the HP computer locked up while you are working on it then it will make you more frustrated. Luckily, if your HP computer is suffering from constant freezing issues then there are several things you can do to fix the error.
We also recommend that if your hp computer not responding then it’s better to get in touch with the HP customer support team. The expert technicians will provide a reliable HP Support for your issues. Here, in this article, you will get the in-depth insights of the HP computer locked up the issue along with the solution to fix it.
Warning signs to detect “hp laptop freezes windows 10” issue
- Your Windows 10 stops responding or the mouse pointer is not moving along with the keyboard not responding.
- There is nothing on the computer display. Everything becomes still.
- The Mouse cursor is in the busy mode.
What to do if hp laptop freezes windows 10?
Be it a Windows10 or Windows7 operating system, if the HP computer locked up then follow the steps given below:
- Restart your HP computer: The moment computer freezes or you experience that HP computer locked up, then you must have to try restarting your PC to diagnose the root cause of the issue.
- Install anti-virus software on your PC or computer: If your HP computer freezes up then the most common problem is the occurrence of multiple threats. The users just have to download a free anti-virus application like McAfee, Norton, Avast and any other to get rid of the issues.
- You have to now run a disk cleanup: If you choose to perform a disk cleanup then you can easily clear off that temporary and cache files. It will also help you to create a space from virtual memory that it gets blocked can be a source of frequent locking issues.
- And the final step says, “You have to re-format your hard drive: Make sure you choose this condition in the extreme of the cases where nothing else is working out to fix the error. The process to reformat your hard drive will surely erase all of your files that include the documents, multimedia, and programs.
There is no need to worry if you still find that your HP computer freezes up, and then you can get in touch with the HP expert technicians via the HP Support webpage. Or if you are unable to solve the issue then you can download HP Scan Doctor driver from the HP Number. For more information about the issue dial HP Support Number available on the website. Enjoy the hassle-free services offered by HP.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to Unfreeze a Laptop Computer?
For this, you have to try tapping “Ctrl+Shift+Esc” and open the Task Manager to kill the programs that are not responding. If still, Windows doesn’t respond to this then after some time, shut down your computer and keep holding the Power button for a few seconds. We hope that this will solve the freezing or locking up issues.
How do I unfreeze my HP laptop mouse?
First of all, you have to check for the physical issue with the mouse and then try the function keys. After this, you have to check the mouse properties and update your device drivers. In the end, you have to just run the SFC scan. This will help you to unfreeze my HP laptop mouse and will solve your issue.
How do I reboot my HP computer?
Just press the combination of “Ctrl+Alt and Delete” at the same time. From the window that pops-up on the screen, you have to click on the shutdown menu. From the menu, you have to choose the “Reboot” button and push the power button on your laptop for 5 to 10 seconds if your keyboard is not responding.
Why does Windows 10 keep freezing?
There can be multiple reasons such as there are too many programs opening, driver corruption or errors, overheating; there is insufficient RAM, BIOS settings, faulty external devices, the computer is infected by virus or there might be corrupted or missing system files. These can be other reasons also being the less prominent ones.