While using your HP Printer, sometimes, you might come across an error saying that the ‘Paper Jam. Clear jam, and then press OK’. This error message appears on the display of your printer’s Control Panel. You may also see that the power light on it has also started to blink very fast on it. This is an indication that the paper in the tray of your printer has been jammed and needed to be cleared. But, sometimes, users may experience a different version of the same situation. They see the hp printer paper jam error but no paper jam error has actually occurred. This is because paper jams can be fake as well as real. By following some easy workarounds, easily get out of such a situation.
Method 1- Look if there are any jammed papers
By checking for the jammed paper in different areas of the printer, you can get rid of the hp printer false paper jam error. Clear the paper jam from the following areas:
- Look for it and clear the jammed paper from the input tray, if there are any.
- Do the same in the output tray.
- Remove jammed paper from the area from where you can access the ink cartridges.
- Look for it in the underneath of the printer.
In case, even after clearing the jammed paper from each area of the printer, you still see the error, you can continue to the next step.
Method 2- Do some more workarounds
If clearing the paper jam doesn’t help, then try the following troubleshooting methods:
- Ensure that the printer’s cartridge is moving freely.
- Clean the rollers where papers are fed because there might be the accumulation of debris, dust, etc. in it.
- If the error persists, clean the printer rollers.
- Run HP Printer Assistant.
- Cleaning the ink smears might also help in getting rid of the paper jams.
(Note: these steps will only help if your printer is undergoing an actual paper jam error. If the error persists, then it might be HP Printer false paper jam error. In this scenario, you need to reset the printer.)
Method 3- Reset the printer
Resetting the printer might clear false jam errors on your HP OfficeJet Pro 8500 Printer, hp LaserJet 2840 printer, hp 1350 printer, and HP DeskJet 3510 Printer. To reset your printer, follow the steps given below:
- Make sure your printer is turned on.
- While it is turned on, remove the power cord from it.
- Now, remove it from the wall socket as well.
- Further, you need to wait for about 60 seconds.
- After this, reconnect the power cord from both ends.
Now, try to print and see if you could still see the error. If yes, then there’s nothing that can help you instead of HP Support. Here, you can get answers to all your queries by undergoing a simple procedure.
Frequently Asked Questions
What do I do when my printer says paper jam but there is none?
This could be happening because of a fake/false paper jam. In this scenario, you need to clear the paper jams from every corner of the printer. Also, clean any accumulation of dust or debris on it. If nothing helps, reset your hp printer.
Why does my HP printer keep saying paper jam?
This might be happening because of several reasons because the printer tries to make sure that the papers are aligned in the input tray properly. If it finds that papers are not aligned properly, then it will repeatedly display paper jam errors, even if it is not.
How do I reset my HP printer after paper jam?
To reset your printer, you need to disconnect the power cord from both the printer as well as the wall socket while the printer is turned on. After this, you need to wait for a minute and then reconnect the power cord at both ends.
How do you fix a false paper jam?
A false paper jam can be fixed by clearing the jammed paper from each section of the printer. If the error persists, then you may need to reset your printer by disconnecting the power cord and waiting for 60 seconds and then reconnecting the power cords.