HP a brand that is known for its laptops, desktop, and printers, are widely used by people for accomplishing different tasks. However, sometimes, these peripherals may not work as expected and display error messages. The same situation might arise with your hp printers. So, here in this article, I am going to highlight the essentials about hp printer fusers error. Before learning the process to fix the error, let us learn what is hp printer fuser error?
What is a fusers error in the hp printer?
This error usually means that it is a time-out error. This directly hints towards the problem in your hp printer because of which the fuser is not warming up fast enough to perform the printing task. The fuser error on hp printer may occur in different variants such as:
- Printer 50.2 fuser error
- 5 fuser error
- 9 fuser error
- 1 fuser error
- 3 fuser error
- 4 fuser error
Troubleshooting methods to fix fuser error
Solution 1- reset hp printer
- First, press the Power button to turn off the printer if it is turned on.
- Now, disconnect the power cord from the backside of the printer.
- After this, wait for at least 30 seconds.
- Further, reconnect the power cord again.
- In the next step, press the Power button to turn on the printer.
- When it turns on, try printing again.
Solution 2- Wait for 25 minutes after resetting the printer
This can be tried in case the fuser becomes too hot.
- Use the above given to reset the printer but do not turn it on.
- After this, wait for up to 25 minutes.
- Then, reconnect the power cord again.
- Turn on the printer by pressing the power button.
- Try printing again and if you are still unable to do it, then connect to HP Support.
Solution 3- Plug in the printer directly and then reset it
- First of all, you need to plug the printer directly into a wall socket.
- Next, you have to press the Power button to turn it off.
- Further, disconnect the power cord from the printer.
- Then, reconnect the power cord and turn on the printer by pressing the power button.
- Now, you need to try printing again and see if it works.
Solution 4- get your printer serviced
Even after performing all the above-given solutions, you are seeing the error, then you may try to uninstall or reinstall printer drivers, or use HP Printer Assistant. Servicing the printer can also help in this situation.
If nothing of this sort works, then sadly you might have to replace the printer with a new one. If your printer is under warranty, then you may get it replaced for free.
What happens when printer fuser goes bad?
In case the fuser of the printer you are using goes, then you may come across a variety of problems while printing. Most commonly the fuser error results in streaking, smudging, black lines, and other such effects on the printed page.
How long should a fuser last?
The fuser of a printer generally works well for printing up to 50,000 to 200,000 pages based on the printer you are using. If you opt for a cheaper printer, then the fuser may go off early.
When should a fuser unit be replaced?
When you see an error message on your screen saying that ‘Change Fuser Unit’, it might be the correct time to replace the fuser unit. You are advised to use it until you see this message.
How do you clean a fuser?
First, let the printer cool down properly and then open the printer door. Further, wipe away the excess fuser oil, if there is any by using the vacuum cleaner.