HP printers are known for their performance and quality services across the globe. However, there might be certain technical issues that can occur like in the other printers. One of the basic errors that might pop-up on-screen is the “hp printer not showing up on” error. If you are in a situation where you see this error occurring on your Mac or Windows 10 then do not worry about the situation. In this article, you will learn the systematic steps that will help you to fix this issue. The state where the hp printer not showing up on the network or it is not responding disables the users to access the printer and giving up the commands to print the documents. So, let’s start the topic and learn the essential steps to fix the errors.
Step 1: Make sure that the printer is all ready to print
It is important to check whether the printer is turned on or turned off, so if it is turned off there then it will show you hp printer not showing up on error. To fix this, follow the steps given below:
- Check the printer if it is turned off or it is in the sleep mode then tap on the “Power” button to wake it up.
- Make sure that the printer paper is loaded in the tray and there are correct toner cartridges placed rightly and there is no error in the control panel.
- Just restart the printer and wait for the printer to accept the commands of the printer.
- After this just try to print and if you see the hp printer not showing up on error then pursue the next step.
- Many of the issues can be fixed with the first step where you need to check whether the printer is on or not.
Step 2: Just try to reset the printing system
To reset the print system is the best option to clear all the errors, just follow the process given below:
- First of all, you have to disconnect the USB cable from the printer.
- Tap on the “Finder” option in the “Dock” tab.
- Go in the menu bar and tap on the “Go” and click on the “Applications” and open the “HP” folder.
- Tap on the “HP” folder and tap on the “Trash” icon in the “Dock” option.
- Go to the “Folder” and type the “/Library/Printers” option and tap on the “Go” option.
- Tap on the “Trash” icon in the “Dock” and tap on the “Ctrl+Click” option in the “Trash” icon.
- After this, tap on the “Empty Trash” option.
- You need to prepare the printer for the driver installation.
- Make sure the printer is turned on and the cartridges are installed properly and plain paper is loaded.
- Now, go to the HP Printer Assistant website where the guide is provided to give you services and instructions for opening up the system version.
- Follow the instructions to download and install the driver or app.
- During the installation, you need to select the HP smart or the full software.
- Now, you can try to print and if the issue is not resolved then you can troubleshoot the printer connection.
Step 3: Troubleshoot the Printer connection
There are three basic processes to troubleshoot connection issues with the network or the USB connected printers. Here are the methods:
- Troubleshoot a wifi printer connection
- Troubleshoot a USB Printer connection
- Troubleshoot the wired network connection.
In a conclusive viewpoint:
To conclude, we can say that the steps mentioned in this article clearly help you to fix the hp printer not showing up on the error. However, if you have queries related to the topic then we recommend you visit the Customer support website or you can download the HP Scan Doctor driver from the official website to deal with the error.