The Missing or Failed Printhead Error is one of the issues that can arise on some of the HP printers. This error message appears on the printer’s control panel that states Missing or Failed Printhead Error occurs in a state where the printer is unable to perform any of the actions. As a consequence, these are some of the resolutions that are discussed in this article.
What does missing or failed printhead mean on HP Printer?
This issue might occur due to the friction regardless of materials that are used or maintenance performed, that are caused by the printhead to fail. Be it any printer, whether is a hp OfficeJet pro 8600, 8620, 7612, and 6600 Printers this error can occur with any of them.
How to fix Missing or Failed Printhead Error?
If you wish to fix Missing or Failed Printhead Error on your hp OfficeJet 6700 premium printer or any other HP printer then these are the sequential steps that you need to follow:
- First of all, you need to try and reset the HP printer and then switch on the printer.
- Now, remove the power cord from the back of the printer.
- Thereafter, you just need to unplug the power cord at the wall.
- Now, you have to wait for a while and then plug the printer power cable back to the wall socket.
- Just plug the power cable into the back of the printer.
- After this, you need to switch the printer on.
Reset the HP printer’s printhead:
- There are some users who might need to reset the Printer’s printhead.
- To do this, you need to open the cartridge access door and pull the slot to the left of the printer.
- Now, pull the power cable out from the back of the printer to unplug it and it will ensure that the carriage will not move.
- In the next step, you need to lift the latch upon the carriage.
- Place the Printhead firmly into the carriage so it is fully placed.
- Remember to put the carriage latch down before closing the cartridge access door.
- You can now insert the power cable back to the printer.
- Turn the printer on.
You need to clean the ink cartridges that might also fix the error indicate faulty printhead for some of the users. For this, you need to remove the ink cartridges from the printhead and gently, wipe the cartridges copper contacts with a lint-free cloth. After this, just dry the cartridges before inserting them back into the printer.
- In order to fix the issues with hp OfficeJet pro 8610 – error code 0xc19a0013 (missing or failed printhead), you need to make sure that the printer has the latest version of HP firmware/
- Now, open the Software and driver downloads page for the HP printers in a browser.
- Tap on the Printers, just enter the required model number, and tap on the “Submit” option.
- Just expand the firmware category on the printer’s software page.
- Tap on the “Download” button to save the firmware that is listed in the folder.
- After this, you have to open the folder that includes the downloaded firmware.
- Just open the firmware file to install the latest firmware.
Replace non-HP cartridges
Remember, if none of the above resolutions work for you, then you need to replace the cartridges, If they are non-HP cartridges you need to make sure that the replacement is a genuine HP cartridge pack.
You just need to run the PC Scan with the Restore repair tool to find the errors that cause the security problems and slowdowns. Once the scan is completed, the repair process will replace the damaged files with fresh Windows files and components.
In a conclusive viewpoint:
These are some of the fixes that will help you to fix the Missing or Failed Printhead Error. However, there are certain issues that need replacement printheads. The users with the printheads are covered with the warranties. Although, if you face any issues related to the topic or you are unable to fix the error then we recommend you to download HP Printer Assistant to deal with the issues for you.