When your HP printer stays unfunctional for a certain period of time, it means that the device is gone into the ‘pause mode’.
However, there is an ‘HP Printer Pause’ option also available, which allows you to stop the printing tasks so it can only focus on scanning works. You can reset the ‘HP Printer pause’ option and continue printing after completing other tasks such as ‘scanning’.
This article will help you with troubleshooting steps to fix the ‘HP Printer paused’ error. In case, you have other issues related to HP Printer, you can contact HP Number, where tech experts will try to figure out the origin of issues and try to resolve other problems as soon as possible.
The reason behind HP Printer pause error
There can be several reasons due to which your HP printer may put on ‘Pause mode’. Some of the common reasons are print spooler, printer software and paper jam, no cartridge.
How can you fix the ‘HP Printer Paused’ error?
There are 2 simple methods by which you can rectify this error. Below mentioned are the steps which will help you to fix printer issue, perform the steps to avoid such errors.
- Check whether the ‘‘HP Printer pause’ option’ is turned on or turned off on the settings.
- Now set the control panel on the front of your HP printing device.
- Now, press and release the ‘Pause’ option. By doing this, your HP Printer won’t go on a ‘Pause mode’ anymore.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to confirm.
- Now, open the computer’s taskbar and then double click on the ‘HP Printer’ icon.
- In this step, you will see a list of all the documents which you want to print will come across your desktop screen.
- Now, right-click on the screen that is showing the ‘Paused’ status.
- You have to click on the ‘Resume’ option so that your printer will work again.
- To clear pause printing, you have to choose the ‘start’ option, click on the ‘settings’ option, and then the ‘Printers’ option from the desktop screen.
- Now, right-click on the Printer icon.
- Select the ‘Pause Printing’ option; if it is already enabled then remove a tick mark from there.
- Now, try to print the document again.
- Detach the printer from the connected network.
- Now, connect your personal computer with the help of a parallel cable.
- Turn on your HP printer.
- After completing the task, try to print the document again.
Note: – In case, you are still unable to rectify the error, then you can try to uninstall or reinstall the HP Printer Assistant Driver (if installed).
It is expected of you that you get all the relevant information from this article to rectify the ‘HP printer paused’ error. However, if the issue still persists then you can talk to the HP tech experts by dialing HP Printer Tech Support Phone Number. The HP tech experts will walk you through the process.