Print Spooler is used by a printer to store print jobs within a queue. Whenever you give a print command from your computer, the Print Spooler stores the print command and add it within a queue if your printer is busy or offline. A Print Spooler may stop if it has stored too many, pending or corrupt files in it. Once the Print Spooler stops, you will not be able to print using your HP Printer. However, the Print Spooler keeps stopping problem is not permanent and it can be fixed easily by approaching the right method.
The Print Spooler may stop on different devices such as Windows, Android, iPhone, and so on. The solution to fix the Print Spooler problem on different devices is also different. In this article, we are going to discuss the solution to fix the Print Spooler keeps stopping problem on Windows 10, Android, and server. So, if the Print Spooler has stopped working on your device, then refer to this post.
Methods to fix Windows 10 Print Spooler service keeps stopping issue
If you are facing the Print Spooler problem on Windows 10 then refer to the solutions that we have stated below:
Solution 1: Set Print Spooler Service to Automatic
Setting Print Spooler service to automatic can help to fix the Print Spooler keeps stopping issue on Windows 10; look at the steps that are given below:
- In the services window, enter “services.msc” on your device
- Navigate to the print spool service in the list, right-click on it, and tap on Properties
- Now, set the startup type to “Automatic” and click on OK
- Finally, you have set the Print Spooler services to automatic on your Windows 10 device
Solution 2: Try to delete Print Spooler files
If you are still facing the same issue then approach the steps that are mentioned below to delete the Print Spooler files on your Windows 10.
- On your device, press Windows key + R and type ‘services.msc’ in the box
- Then, look for the ‘Print Spooler’ and right-click on it
- Now, choose the ‘Stop’ option and minimize the services window
- Then, press Windows key + E on using the keyboard of your computer and navigate to C:\Windows\System32\spool\PRINTERS or C:\Windows\System64\spool\PRINTERS on your device
- Now, on the next prompt, click on the ‘Continue’ button
- Then, delete all the print jobs from the ‘Printers’ folder
- Disconnect the PC from your printer for a short while and reconnect it after some time
- Finally, take a print test to check whether the issue has been fixed or not
Note: These solutions are also applicable for Print Spooler keeps stopping on a server problem.
Method to fix Print Spooler keeps stopping Android
If you are facing the Print Spooler stopping problem on your Android phone then look at the steps that are given below:
- Head to the ‘Settings’ on your Android device and tap on Apps
- Now, choose the ‘Show system apps’ button
- Look for the ‘Print Spooler’ and tap on it
- Now, head to clear ‘cache file and data’ and data on it
- After clearing the cache files and data on your device, take a print test
- Finally, you have fixed the issue with the Print Spooler on your Android phone
How do I fix the HP Print Spooler Problem?
- Press Window key + X and choose the ‘Settings’
- Now, type ‘Troubleshoot’ and click OK
- Find the printer troubleshooter and follow the prompts
- Finally, you have solved the Print Spooler keeps stopping problem on your computer
How do I clear the HP Print Spooler?
- Head to ‘Print Spooler’ using the service window on your computer
- Right-click on it and choose Stop
- Approach the ‘Printers’ folder and delete all the files
- Finally, you have cleared the HP Print Spooler
How to restart the HP Print Spooler service?
- On your computer, under the services menu, look for Print Spooler
- Once you find it, right-click on it and choose the ‘Restart’ option
- Turn OFF your printer and then turn it ON
- Finally, you have restarted the HP Printer Spooler service
In short, you can fix the Print Spooler keeps stopping issue by approaching several methods. We have introduced some definite solutions in this post that will help you to fix the Print Spooler problem on Windows 10 and Android.
If you are still facing any issue with your HP Printer then you may approach HP Printer Assistant and HP Print and Scan Doctor. Hopefully, you have fixed the Print Spooler stopping problem referring to this post.