A brand new HP Office Jet pro 6978 all-in-one printer needs to have set up ink cartridges when the ink cartridge gets empty. The ink cartridges come in four different colors such as black, cyan, magenta and yellow and all of them can be replaced using the same procedure.
In this article, you will find relevant details on HP OfficeJet pro 6978 how to change ink. Each color cartridge can be replaced separately based on the color that you want to change. For a quick review of the installation process, continue reading for a step-by-step tutorial.
How to check ink levels on HP OfficeJet pro 6978?
If you are getting poor print results, the first thing you’ll want to do is check the ink levels on your HP OfficeJet pro 6978 all-in-one printer’s display. To do so, do as described:
- First of all, open your PC and navigate to its settings by pressing the little gear symbol on the LCD screen.
- Scroll down and click on the “Cartridge information” tab which is visible at the bottom of the screen. This will display the estimated levels of ink cartridges.
- If you see that one of the ink cartridge levels is low, it is the right time to replace it.
You can also use HP Support Assistant or HP Printer Assistant to check the ink levels of your cartridges.
Steps to install ink cartridge in HP OfficeJet pro 6978
- The first thing you will want to do is take out the cartridge you need to replace by gently pushing on it. The cartridge will pop up and can be easily removed by shaking it a little.
- Now take the brand new cartridge out and remove the plastic wrap in which it came.
- In this step, remove the orange clip which is present on the bottom of the Cartridge.
- The first thing you will want to remove is the orange clip on the bottom of the cartridge. (Note: The cartridge will not fit into the HP OfficeJet pro 6978 all-in-one printer if you leave this on.)
- Remove the yellow tape on the top of the cartridge and to do so gently pull on the tape. This action will expose the vent hole on the cartridge so that it can work properly in your machine.
- Next, install the cartridge of that color which is running low of ink levels.
- Also, make sure the cartridge is facing the right way when you are installing it and the “M” on the cartridge should line up with the “M” in the machine.
- In this step, press-down the cartridge and it will produce a click sound when it fits perfectly.
- Finally, lower the scanner unit and you are all set to start your printing job again.
In case you run into any difficulty while installing ink cartridges in your HP Printer, then you can take the help of HP Print and Scan Doctor. You may also visit the official website of HP Printers to know more about your HP OfficeJet pro 6978 Printer.
Read another related Article –