With HP printers you get an assortment of options. It has become easy to perform tasks like print, copy, and scan and fax while using HP Printers. The HP scanners can read almost any type of 2d image such as photographs or drawings made by you. Once you have done with the scanning part, you can directly send the images to the PC desktop or any other connected device. In order to use the “HP Scan to Computer” option, you need to have the HP software that should be installed on your computer.
In this article, we will guide you through the process by which you can know as how to scan pictures from hp printer to computer.
There were times the printers use to come with the scan button but now the scanning options come in the HP software that you need to install on your connected device for giving the print and scan commands.
Which is the Scan button on the HP printer?
Although there is no Scan button visible on the HP Printer, to scan the documents or the images you have to click on the “Scan Picture” or “Scan Document” option from the connected printer’s software that is installed on your computing device.
Let’s get started to scan a document from the hp printer
In order to scan a document from the hp printer or to scan a photo from hp printer to computer, you need to follow the steps that are mentioned below:-
- Visit HP’s official website and then go to the “HP Scan and Capture” option for installing it on your computer.
- Double click on the downloaded file and click on “run” to install the software on your PC
- Wait for the installation to complete, once it completes you just need to launch the app.
- Now, you have to turn on the HP printer, and then you have to insert the plain paper in the input tray.
- Make sure that the ink, as well as the toner cartridge, is installed properly.
- In the next step, you have to put the desired page (to be scanned) on the scanner glass.
- Now, you need to launch the “HP Scan and Capture” software.
- Then open the settings option and click on the “Select device” option. Next, choose the HP Printer that you use.
- You need to click on the “document scan” option or “photo scan” option for making changes in any settings.
- Wait for the scanning process to complete and then simply click on the “Save” button.
- Finally, click on the “Save as” window to save the item to the desired folder.
Note: – If you are still unable to scan the documents or photos, then you can install and run the “HP Print and Scan Doctor” driver on your device.
After following the steps that are mentioned in the article above, you will be able to use “HP Scan and Capture” for scanning photos and documents easily. In case you are unable to scan the documents or photos, then you can get in touch with the “HP Support Assistant” via toll-free number available online or you can install the “HP Printer Assistant” driver to get the virtual assistant for solving your related issues.