In many organizations, the employees are needed to work on two screens simultaneously. This is because they need to work on extended screens and that is the reason why they need to undergo a dual monitor setup to connect two screens with a single computer. However, the process may sound hard to you but actually it is quite simple. Most of the times, you do not know the apt method for doing so which leads to the occurrence of hurdles during the setup process. Hence, you need to read the instructions given below carefully for dual monitor setup.
Instructions for multiple monitor setup with laptop
If you are using hp 2000 laptop, hp omen laptop or hp pavilion laptop, then you may use these steps for achieving the desired purpose:
Step 1- connect the additional display
- To begin the setup, first, you need to select the connection type.
- The type of connection will be based on your second monitor:
- Monitor: VGA or DVI cable
- TV: Video (composite) or S-video cable
- High Definition TV: DVI or HDMI cable
- Now, connect the additional monitor to the computer using the appropriate cable.
- After connecting the cable with the additional monitor, you need to turn it on.
- If you connecting the TV as your additional monitor then change the TV video input source to match the video source connection.
- Now, you need to turn on the computer.
Step 2- configure the display settings
- First, you need to right-click anywhere on the desktop screen.
- After this, click on the ‘Display settings’ of your Windows 10 device.
- Now, your screen will display the number of monitors, make sure they are correct.
- Now, you need to scroll down to find the ‘Multiple displays’ option.
- Further, you have to click on the drop-down menu.
- Next, select a display option and go to the next step.
- If you are setting up a wireless monitor, select ‘Connect to a wireless display’.
- From the ‘Configure’ section, adjust the screen resolution.
- To identify the monitors, click ‘Identify’.
- In the end, select the ‘Keep changes’ option to save the display settings.
Step 3: personalize your display (Optional)
Once you connect the additional displays, you can personalize your display and enhance it accordingly.
To personalize the Taskbar:
- Right-click on the taskbar
- Select the ‘Taskbar settings’.
- Click on the drop-down menu.
- Set the desired taskbar preferences.
To personalize the background image:
- Right-click anywhere on the main screen.
- Click on the ‘Personalize’ option.
- Select the desired colors, themes, and images.
This way you can customize your start screen as well. For further information on connecting two monitors with a single computer, get help from HP Support.
If you wish to do the same with your Mac, then you can do so by making certain required changes and connect both the monitors with the laptop docking station.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you set up dual monitors with HDMI?
No, you cannot likely set up dual monitors with HDMI port. It does not have the ability to connect two different displays and streams with a single cable. Hence, you cannot connect dual monitors with HDMI port. However, modern monitors have the ability to get connected with an HDMI port as well.
What cables do I need to setup dual monitors?
Most of the monitors nowadays come with VGA or DVI cables which are needed to connect two monitors with a single computer. But, nowadays, the standard connection for the same purpose is HDMI.
How do I connect 2 HDMI monitors to my laptop?
If there is a single HDMI port to connect two monitors, then you cannot do so. In order to connect both the HDMI monitors, you need to use an additional cable such as a USB adapter. Only then you will be able to do so.