For the HP BIOS update, you need to know certain things in advance so that you can accomplish your task without any hindrance. In case you own an HP pavilion, HP Spectre, HP Envy, HP stream, or an HP Notebook, then the information given below might help you in gaining information regarding the HP BIOS update.
What is the HP bios update?
With the HP BIOS update, you can ensure that your HP PC is working appropriately and is up-to-date. It helps in resolving issues with your PC and also improves the performance of your PC. BIOS or Basic Input Output System manages the connection between disk drives, display, keyboard, and other external devices. If you do not perform HP BIOS update, then the connection between these peripherals may drop out causing problems in your work.
How to get to bios on HP?
If you are wondering how to enter bios on HP laptop, then you may follow the steps listed below:
- First of all, you have to turn off the computer.
- Now, wait for up to five seconds.
- Turn on your Windows 10 device once again.
- When you do this, immediately press the “Esc” keys continuously.
- You have to do this until you get to the “Startup” menu.
- Now, press the “F10” key. This will open the BIOS Setup Utility.
- Further, you may select the “File” tab and using the down arrow key, you may select “System Information”.
- After this, press “Enter” to find the version of BIOS and its date.
How to open bios on the HP laptop?
To open the BIOS on the HP laptop, you may follow the same process as discussed in the section given above.
Process of HP BIOS recovery using the flash drive
For emergency BIOS recover, you may use the flash drive for which the steps are listed below:
- After creating the USB drive, you need to install the BIOS recovery file.
- For doing this, turn off the HP device on which you want to do BIOS recovery.
- Wait for at least 10 to 15 seconds.
- Connect the power cord to the device and do not unplug it till the end.
- Now, insert the USB flash drive into a port on your device.
- Further, you have to press and hold the “Windows key” and “B key” simultaneously.
- Moving on, press and hold the power button for up to 3 seconds and then release it.
- Do not stop pressing the HP laptop bios key i.e. “Windows key” and “B key”.
- This will make you hear a series of beeps.
- When you see a message regarding boot problems, then you must follow the on-screen instructions to fix this issue.
If you do not see an update happening, then there might be some hard drive related issues. In this situation, you may need to contact HP support for help. For any other problem related to HP devices, you can download HP Support Assistant on your device.
How to unlock HP BIOS for overclocking?
To unlock HP BIOS, follow the steps given in this section:
- First of all, you need to turn off the HP device you are using.
- After this, you need to connect the power cord to it.
- Further, press and hold the “Power” button for a few seconds.
- Now, release it but continue pressing the “Win + B” keys.
- When you do this, you will hear a series of beeps and then certain messages will show up on your screen.
- If you do not see the HP BIOS screen, then you may try to repeat the steps. But this time you have to press the “Win + V” keys instead of “Win + B” keys. If it doesn’t help, then there might be issues related to the hard drive. In this scenario, recovering the BIOS through a USB recovery drive is the best option.
- In case, the Power light of your computer turns off, then the possibility is that you have held the power button for too long. In this situation, you must repeat the process but you should not hold the Power button for too long.
- The users whose screen is repeatedly displaying the BIOS recovery message, then you must use the HP bios recovery flash drive.
- When you see a message saying that there is some boot problem with the device, the computer might have been improperly shut-down. To fix this error, you have to follow some on-screen instructions or you may also use the HP Scan Doctor.
- If the Windows starts normally, then you can start the procedure for the HP BIOS update. IN some cases, the recovery may begin automatically.
During this process, you might need to enter the admin login credentials. If you do not remember the admin password, then you can do the password reset and then continue the HP BIOS update.