Due to some reasons, sometimes, whenever you print something from your HP laserjet printer, it gives a poor-quality print or the print is no way similar to your expectation. You are getting light, faded, or shadowy prints and this is annoying you a lot. In this situation, you can try the following troubleshooting steps to fix various printing errors related to your HP laser printer. Sometimes, using HP Printer Assistant might resolve the issue.
Note: these steps apply to HP LaserJet pro m281cdw wireless color printer and hp laserjet pro m15w printer models of HP Printer.
HP LaserJet print quality troubleshooting
Users are recommended to use genuine HP ink cartridges because if you do not use the genuine cartridges it might give way to issues. If you are using genuine cartridges, then the problem might be with the paper.
- First of all, you need to purchase genuine ink cartridges from the HP store.
- After this replace the older cartridges with the new one and print a test page.
- If you still getting poor quality prints, then you need to check the paper.
To check the paper:
- Firstly, make sure that you are using good quality paper because it affects the print job a lot.
- Also, check the size of the paper and make sure that you are using the one which is designed for laser printing.
- Try not to use the paper that is designed for inkjet printers.
- Ensure that the paper you are using is not rough.
- Load the paper that has the above-mentioned qualities, print a test page and see if the issue is resolved or not.
hp laser printer printing too light-fix instantly
To fix this issue, you need to check the EconoMode settings of your printer because it is not recommended by HP to always use it. If it is used for full-time, then the supply of the toner might outlast in the other parts of the printer.
- First of all, select the Print option from the printing program.
- After this, right-click on your printer.
- Further, click on the Paper/Quality tab, and then go to the Print Quality section.
- If the entire page is too light, select the FastRes 1200 option.
- Further, un-mark the EconoMode checkbox. This will disable it.
- After this, click OK. Again, click on the OK option to start the printing job.
- If this did not help, then you need to do a few other workarounds.
Resolve HP laserjet printer printing horizontal black lines
This problem usually occurs with laser printers. It is because something is there on the scanner glass or the toner cartridge you are using is empty. Other reasons behind this issue could be a scratched drum or with poorly distributed toner. Therefore, you need to check if there is a problem with them and try to fix it as soon as possible. You can also try to replace the cartridge to fix this issue. Other than this, you can try cleaning the elements of the laser assembly or replace them with the new ones. These fixes are also applicable if your hp laser printer printing shadows. Hopefully, these workarounds will resolve the print quality issues with your HP laser printers. If not, then you may seek expert assistance by contacting HP Support.