Like other printers, if you purchase HP Officejet 3830 printer then you need to perform HP Officejet 3830 setup to run it so that it can perform the printing commands. The hp OfficeJet 3830 wireless setup is a very effective way to avoid working with cables. You can easily establish the hp OfficeJet 3830 setup and computer wirelessly. The point to remember is that you can easily connect HP Officejet 3830 all-in-one Printer with more than one device and then give the printing commands. Moreover, you may connect the printer using USB or a wireless connection or you can even switch in between both.
Here, in this article, you will get to learn the essentials to consider while performing the hp OfficeJet 3830 setup. In addition to this, you will get to know the procedure for hp OfficeJet 3830 fax setup, hp OfficeJet 3830 USB cable setup, hp OfficeJet 3830 scanner setup, HP Officejet 3830 Mac Setup, HP Officejet 3830 Windows Setup. So, with no further discussion let us take the topic further to get the useful insights to set up the hp OfficeJet 3830 setup.
hp OfficeJet 3830 wireless setup
The HP OfficeJet 3830 All-in-One Printer is one primitive multi-utility device that is apt for the home as well as the office which makes the work easy to complete. Remember, you need not sit in front of your system to print the necessary documents. For HP Officejet 3830 Wireless Printer setup just follow the steps given below:
- Switch on the HP OfficeJet 3830 All-in-One Printer wireless printer.
- On the touchscreen, tap on the right arrow key and then tap on the “Setup” option.
- Tap on the “Network” option from the setup menu.
- After this, tap in the “Wireless Setup Wizard” from the “Network” menu.
- You now have to choose the “Network (SSID) from the list on-screen.
- Just enter the “WEP/WPA Passphrase” for the network.
- Press on the “Done” option and then tap on “OK” to confirm.
- Tap on the “Skip” option.
hp OfficeJet 3830 fax setup
The method to perform HP Officejet 3830 fax setup from HP OfficeJet 3830 software install printers just depends upon what services and pieces of equipment you have linked with your phone. In this section, you will get to learn how can you perform HP Officejet 3830 fax setup using the voice line and telephone machine. Here are the steps to be followed:
- First of all, unplug the telephone device from the phone jack with which you have connected the hp OfficeJet 3830 setup.
- Now, remove the yellow cable plug from the port that is labeled as 2-EXT.
- Unplug the answering machine from the phone jack and then connect the telephone cord to port 2-EXT.
- Make sure you connect one end of the phone cord to the phone jack and other to the 1-Line port.
- Use the Phone cord with the printer to connect both printer and phone.
- Tap on the “Fax” icon from the Control panel window of HP OfficeJet 3830 All-in-One Printer.
- Now choose the option labeled as “Setup Wizard” and then follow the instructions to set up the HP printer as the fax machine.
hp OfficeJet 3830 USB cable setup
hp OfficeJet 3830 setup is also possible with USB Printer setup, here are some of the steps given below for the setup:-
- First of all, make sure that you have a USB cable of length not less than 10 inches.
- Just connect the USB cable to the computer to hp OfficeJet 3830 software install.
- You have to get the hp OfficeJet 3830 driver free download product to install the driver.
- Once downloaded just open the downloaded file and then start the hp OfficeJet 3830 software installation process.
- Now, you will be prompted to choose the connection type, select USB.
- Follow the guidelines prompting on the screen to complete the process.
- Once the setup is completed just restart the devices again to check.
hp OfficeJet 3830 scanner setup
If you have already performed the steps for hp OfficeJet 3830 software install and wish to set up Office 3830 scanner then follow the steps elaborated below:-
- Search for the name of HP Officejet 3830 in the HP software system.
- Tap on the “HP Officejet 3830 setup” to scan a doc or photo.
- Choose the shortcut for scanning available on the left side of the dialog box.
- Choose the options as per your preferences for scanning and follow the instructions on the screen.
- Once you have made the changes just tap on the “Save Settings” icon to save the changes.
- Once you have made the settings in the “Control Panel” the computer will be ready to send the scanning commands.
- Congratulations! The HP Officejet 3830 scanner setup is completed.
HP Officejet 3830 Mac Setup
- Make a connection between HP Officejet 3830 setup and the Macbook to the wireless network.
- Wireless network name SSID and the password should set to the WEP key.
- Turn on the WI-Fi router along with HP Officejet 3830 and computer.
- Disconnect any USB cable, if connected from the “HP Printer Officejet 3830”>
- Tap and hold the wireless icon that appears in the HP printer’s control panel.
- Visit the “Wireless Setup Wizard” window and then tap on the “OK” button.
- You will now see a list of available networks on the screen.
- Select your WI-Fi network from the list and then tap on the “OK” button.
- Enter the SSID user name and password, wait for the HP printer to connect with the wireless network.
- Now, open the browser and visit the 123.hp.com/OJ3830 webpage and enter the HP setup 3830 model number.
- A new page will prompt on-screen labeling as “Full-featured HP Officejet 3830 mac driver”.
- Click on the “Install” option and once the download is completed double click on it to open it.
- Follow the instructions on-screen to complete the installation process.
- Once the utility setup opens up click on the “Add Printer” option and selects your HP printer.
- Tap on the “Continue” option and follow the guidelines to complete the setup process.
HP Officejet 3830 Windows Setup
- Visit the official HP website and get installed with hp OfficeJet 3830 driver free download.
- Once the driver gets downloaded open the file and runs the process for hp OfficeJet 3830 software install.
- You will be prompted to choose the connection type, enter USB.
- Make sure you disconnect the USB cable from the computer.
- Follow the prompts on the screen with instructions to complete the process.
- Make sure not to connect the USB cable till you see “hp OfficeJet 3830 setup is ready” message on the screen.
- Once you have completed the setup process just restart your computer and check the changes and settings.
In case the steps mentioned in this article don’t work, then you need to make sure that the name of your HP printer is appearing in the installed printer lists or not. If it is not appearing in the list, then you have to reinstall the HP printer drivers on your devices once again. If no workaround works right for the hp OfficeJet 3830 setup process, it is better to take HP support or download HP Printer assistant from the website.
Frequently asked questions
How do I connect my HP Officejet 3830 to the wireless network?
For this, you need to first switch on the HP Printer if its off, go to the “Control Panel” of Hp Printer, and tap on the “Wireless” icon. After this tap on the “Settings” button and then click on the “Wireless Setup Wizard” option. Just follow the instructions given on the control panel to establish connect the HP Officejet 3830 to a wireless network.
Does HP Officejet 3830 have a USB port?
Yes, it does have a USB port and you can easily set up the HP Officejet 3830 printer on a USB network on the Windows OS. Also, you can install the fully-featured HP Printer driver from the USB connected printer that too with most supported features available on the computer.
Why is my HP Officejet 3830 not printing?
Usually, the HP Officejet 3830 not printing error occurs due to several factors such as changes made in the “Print” settings, or there are issues with the ink cartridges or there can be faulty installations done previously. No blank pages available on the tray and many other like interrupted wireless connections.