The printer drivers play a very crucial role when we wish to connect our printer with our PC so that we can print hassle-free. Unfortunately, at times your PCs screen displays a message saying that your HP printer driver is unavailable. In this situation, a user feels frustrated and he cannot figure out what to do next. But, he can always take the help of HP Support because the team is available to help you whenever you need it.
When your printer driver is unavailable, then you may fix this issue by going through a simple procedure mentioned in this article. You can use this procedure if the printer driver is unavailable for Windows 10, 8, 7 or 8.1. Sometimes the Operating System of your computer or laptop becomes faulty and therefore you have to face such circumstances. The main reason for the printer driver’s unavailability is given in the next section.
Why is my Windows 10 printer driver unavailable?
The reason behind why you are facing this issue is that some corrupt or mismatched printer driver is available on your computer. Sometimes the failed installation of the printer driver also becomes the cause of this problem. The failed installation happens because of the problem with your Wi-Fi connection. Windows 10 printer driver is unavailable because of various other reasons and these could be easily fixed with the help of HP Scan Doctor.
Uninstall and reinstall the printer driver
- First of all, open your Windows device and press the Win+R keys to open the run box.
- In the next step, type devmgmt.msc in the Run box and click on the “OK” option.
- Locate the model number of your HP Printer and right-click on it.
- Now, tap the “Uninstall device” option and hit the “Uninstall” button once again to confirm your action.
- When the printer driver gets uninstalled, then you have to install it again.
- For this, go to the “Start” menu and type “Update” in the search bar.
- Click on the “Check for updates” option from the list of options.
- When you click on this option, it will make Windows update the device automatically.
- In the end, restart your computer and try to print a test page.
Check if the issue has resolved or not. If not, then you may dial HP Number and get assistance from the experts for fixing up this issue. The experts have enough solutions to fix your issues instantly so that you can print hassle-free. Also, it is recommended to keep your device updated with the latest version of the Operating System so that you do not miss out on the features of the update.