If you have been a user of HP products, you know that HP not only provides you with its versatile range of tech products but also delivers HP Support Assistant software. It will help you in cases of difficulties while installing your HP products. It maintains your HP devices with automated support, updates and fixes.
HP knows that time is a valuable commodity in your business and you do not want to waste time in fixing problems and maintaining your PC or laptops. The HP Support Assistant provides an all-in-one management solution that includes the troubleshooting tools, tutorials, system analysis and automatic software updates as mentioned above.
What is HP Support Assistant?
The HP Support Assistant is a free utility on Hewlett Packard computers that helps in avoiding and resolving problems with the computer using updates and self-help options. HP support assistant is an inbuilt feature of Windows OS. It comes within any device, whether you talk about any windows be it hp support assistant windows 10.
Why do I need HP support assistant?
Hp support Assistant encourages you to keep up your PC updated and resolves issues, by utilizing computerized updates and self-improvement alternatives. It guides you to troubleshoot any of the issue occurring in your PC. The HP program gives you authority to keep up PC execution and resolve problems. HP Support assistant is able to perform all this, through programmed updates and tune-ups, worked in diagnostics, and a variety of help choices.
Where is the HP Assistant located?
The HP Support Assistant is located in the blue question mark on the taskbar in the Windows. You can access the software through the HP Support Assistant app on the Start Screen. If neither of these options work, you can also find it by clicking start and typing HP Support assistant. If none of these options works, you need to download and install the program.
How you can Download HP Support Assistant?
You can download HP support assistant from the official website in case it is not working with your windows. To perform the HP support assistant download process you have to follow the steps mentioned below-
- Visit the official website https://www8.hp.com
- Click on the “Download HP Support Assistant “option.
- When the download box appears at the bottom of the screen, you have to click the “Save” option.
- Click the “Run” option when the download completes, click Run, and then follow the instruction visible on-screen.
Note: The installation process might take a few minutes to complete.
- When the installation completes, select the “Yes” option, then click the “Finish” option to restart the system.
- When the system restarts, go to the HP Support Assistant icon displays on the taskbar.
- Click the HP Support Assistant icon to open the application.
- You have successfully downloaded and installed your HP Support Assistant application.
Hp support assistant, should I remove it?
In case your Hp support assistant not working properly or HP Update Assistant is unable to update the software. In that case, you have to remove the software in order to install the new one.
How you can uninstall HP Support Assistant?
- In Windows, you have to search and open the “Uninstall a program” option.
- On the Programs and Features window, select HP Support Assistant, and then click “Uninstall” option.
- Click “Yes” visible on the Programs and Features screen to confirm that you want to uninstall HP Support Assistant.
- Now, restart your computer in order to complete the uninstall process.
What is HP support assistant battery check?
HP support assistant Battery Check is an easy to use tool. You can run the application, in order to verify the functionality of the primary and secondary batteries installed in the HP notebook.
To run HP support assistant battery check, make sure the AC adapter is in connection with the computer. Moreover, the battery must have at least a partial charge. If the battery is showing a charge of 3% or less, then HP support assistant battery check will report the test as ‘invalid’.
Therefore, with HP support assistant battery check you will be able to see the status of your laptop battery within a few seconds. This is useful if you are experiencing faulty battery performance. You will be able to rapidly check the battery status and then diagnose the problem (if any).
Important: Hp support assistant not only helps you in troubleshooting your Windows related issues by also give you regular updates for Windows. The support assistant allows you to download the updated version of windows with 32 bit or 64 bit. Hp support assistant for windows 10 64-bit download is licensed as freeware for PC or laptops without restrictions. It is visible in the system miscellaneous category and is available to all software users as a free download.
Can I turn off HP Support Assistant?
Despite HP Support assistant usefulness, you may have problems with the HP Support System, and in this case, you can turn off HP support assistant by following the steps mentioned below:-
- Double-click the HP Support Assistant icon, visible on your desktop to launch the program, then click “Settings” option in the bottom left corner of the window.
- Click the “Health Analysis” option. Now, click the “Frequency” drop-down menu and then select “Never” option.
- Click the button next to “Never Check for Updates.”
- Click the “Tune-Up” option, then click the “Tune-Up Schedule: Frequency” drop-down menu and select The”Never” option.
In case of any further information related to Hp support assistant, you can post your queries on the HP official website. For your assistance, HP Customer Service team is available 24*7. You can get connected with the customer support team via emails or HP Number (toll-free helpline number) available on the HP official website.