In the world of ever-growing technology, HP printers are no way behind. Various printer manufacturing brands have developed wireless printers to avoid the hassle of connecting it with cords or cables. One such brand among many is HP. It has developed various wireless printer models such as HP Officejet 4500 All-in-One Printer, hp envy 4520 printer, HP Deskjet 3510, and so on. When a user buys a wireless printer, the first problem he comes across is setting it up for the first time. Therefore, we will learn the process of HP Printer setup on Mac and Windows 10.
How to setup HP Printer wirelessly?
To set up an HP wireless printer such as hp OfficeJet pro 8600, HP Deskjet 2540, HP DeskJet 2600, hp OfficeJet 100 mobile printer and hp PhotoSmart, either go to www.hp.com/go/wirelessprinting or go through the following steps:
- First of all, open the wireless hp printer you have.
- Now, press the ‘right arrow’ key using the touch screen.
- Using this key, press the Setup option.
- Further, click on the ‘Network’ option from this menu.
- After this, select ‘Wireless Setup Wizard’ from here.
- The search for the available wireless routers in the range will now begin.
- From the list, select your Network (SSID).
- Now, you have to provide the WEP/WPA Passphrase for the network.
- Further, press the ‘Done’ option and click on the ‘OK’ option.
- If you want to print wireless reports, select ‘OK’.
- You can also skip this option.
Now, you will be able to connect your hp wireless printer with any computer or any other device.
HP printer setup on Windows 10
- Turn on your recently purchased HP Printer.
- Go to the Control Panel and touch the Wireless icon.
- Now, you will see the Wireless Summary screen.
- After this, touch the Settings icon and then touch Wireless Setup Wizard.
- Now, follow some instructions and go to 123.hp.com/setup
- Here, you need to type your printer model number.
- After this, click on the Begin option followed by Download.
- When the setup gets downloaded either click Open, Save, or Run in the desired location.
- Double-click the driver file in the browser downloads bar or the desired location.
- In the end, double-click on the downloaded file to launch the installation.
HP printer setup on Mac
- Using the Control Panel of your device, press the Wireless button and hold it for a few seconds.
- When the wireless light starts blinking, you need to release the button.
- Press and release the WPS on your printer. Make sure you do it within two minutes.
- Wait for a couple of minutes until the printer and router get connected.
- Now, you will notice that the wireless light has become steady.
- Again go to 123.hp.com/setup and click on the Download button.
- Next, you have to open the Downloads folder on Mac dock.
- Further, you need to click on the HP Easy Start file. This will begin the installation.
- In the end, follow some on-screen prompts to complete the wireless setup on Mac.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I change the wireless network on my HP Printer?
First of all, you need to reset your HP Printer back to Network Defaults. After this, you should run the Wireless Setup Wizard to connect to a wireless network either from the front panel or using your computer. On the other hand, you can also try the WPS method if your router, as well as the printer, supports this. For this, you need to hold the WPS button for a while and follow some easy prompts.
How do I connect my hp printer to a new wireless network?
You can easily connect your hp printer to a new wireless network by using the Control Panel of the printer. All you need to do is press the wireless icon and then press the option reading as a Wireless setup. Further, you need to click on the Wireless Setup Wizard option and then select your network. This will get done only after you complete some essential prompts necessary for wireless setup.
How to connect wireless printer after changing router?
To do so, you need to first, restore network defaults by pressing the wireless and setup icon consecutively. Now, you have to go to the Wireless Settings and then click on Wireless Setup Wizard. When the printer will stop its search for the available networks, you need to tap on the name of your wireless network. After typing the WPA key, you need to click ‘Done’.
How do I install my HP printer without the CD?
First of all, you need to connect the USB cable of the printer with any computer. After this, you need to turn on the printer by pressing the Power button. Further, click on the Start button of your PC and then type Printers & Scanners in the search bar. After tapping on this option, you need to click Add a printer option and the PC will search for the available printers. Here, you need to choose your printer model and follow some easy prompts.
Where do I find HP printer software?
To find the HP Printer software, you need to go to the HP Software and Driver Downloads page. Here you need to enter the model number of your HP device or HP printer and click on the Submit button. HP will find the available drivers and software for your printer. Choose the desired option and follow some on-screen prompts if you wish to install any one of them.
What happens when you cancel HP Instant Ink?
If you cancel your subscription for HP Instant Ink, you will not receive any monthly promotional services. Further, if there are any rollover pages left, then it will be forfeited. One should not cancel it because there are many benefits attached to it. If you are going somewhere away, then you may cancel it but then do not forget to re-enroll to continue printing seamlessly.
Why is my HP printer not connecting to WIFI?
The reason why your HP printer is not connecting to WIFI is that there is a problem in the wireless settings or the router itself. To fix this problem, you need to turn off the router as well as the printer and then turn them on again. You can also print a wireless network test report using the Control Panel of the printer or using the wireless button. Read the related article to connect HP Printer to wifi.