HP Printers have resolved the printing related problems by delivering quality printouts within the allotted time. To keep your printer updated, there are HP Printer drivers for any sort of software updates and rectifying issues that may occur at the time of update installation.
HP Printer driver is printer management software that you can install with Windows. With the help of the driver, you can scan documents and photos, check ink levels and more. There are hp printer drivers for windows 7 64 bit and hp printer drivers for windows 10 64 bit available on HP’s official website from where you can download and install them.
The most common and frequent downloaded print driver is HP Printer Assistant, which you can easily download and install from the official site.
Easy to follow steps to install hp printer drivers for windows 10
Two major steps are elaborated further, these steps will help you to install the hp printer drivers for windows 10:-
Step 1: Be prepared for the printer setup.
In this step, you have to check all the system requirements and delete previously installed Driver( if any) from the Windows for preparing the USB connection setup and driver installation.
- Prerequisites before you begin:
- The HP printer should be turned on.
- You must have a USB cable of length less than 3m (9 ft 10 in).
- Attach the USB cable wire with the USB port on your screen.
- If you have already connected the USB cable to the computer before installing then remove the printer from the installed device for performing a successful setup. You can follow the further steps to remove the USB cable.
- You have to disconnect the Printer cable wire from the computer. Make sure you do not reconnect the cable wire until it is prompted on-screen during the installation process.
- You have to search Windows for “Devices” and then you have to click on the “Driver and Printers” option in control panel setting in the results.
- At last, you have to right-click on the Printer model icon which you own and then click on the “Remove device”, of there are multiple printer icon of same printer present on-screen then you have to click and remove them all.
- Now, close the “Devices and Printers” window and then continue step 2.
Step 2: You have to install the hp printer drivers for windows 10 and then set up the connection.
- In the first step, you have to visit HP’S official website and enter your printer model and then follow the onscreen instructions.
- Click on HP customer support– Software and Driver Downloads.
- Go to the “Let’s identify your product to get started” page and then click on the “Printer” option and then type in the model number and then click on the “Submit” option.
- If you need to change the OS, you have to click on the “Change” option and select your version.
- Go under the “Driver” heading and then click on the “Download” for the full package or for installing drivers like HP Printer Assistant you can click on the “Basic Drivers” option.
- When prompted on-screen, you have to click on the “USB” option to complete the setup.
- Now, try to print, scan or fax, depending on upon you Printer functionality.
It is a must to install hp printer drivers for windows 10, however, sometimes the driver doesn’t work fine so you can try and install HP Driver Update Tool. If you have any query or issues related to Hp drivers, you can get in touch with HP Support, available on HP’s official website.