For those who know about the importance of having sounds in your laptop, know that if your headphones are not supported by your laptop then this issue will make annoy you. There can be numerous issues related to headphones and headset problems that can occur in Windows 10, 8, 7 whichever operating system you own. Your PC jack is hardwired to the sound card that is automatically getting in enable mode the moment you start your desktops for the first time.
Whether you own a Mac, Macbook Pro or a normal computer with Windows installed on it, you may face this sound related issue and it’s very common. When you install multiple sound cards or playback devices, then Windows may adjust your preferences so that you cannot hear the sound coming out of your headphones via the jack. You have to check your sound card is disabled in your Control Panel, if yes then the sound card will not appear on the list of the installed devices, and hence you will not be able to hear anything from headphones until you change your preferences. Once you have enables your headphone jack, you can easily set it as common for all audio or phone calls only.
In this article, we will discuss how you can solve the issue when your laptop not recognizing headphones by following certain steps that are elaborated below. These steps are also applicable for smartphones, iPhone, and Laptops.
Efficient steps that can solve your Headphones and Headset Problems
There are certain steps that are required to follow in order to resolve the problem-related to the laptop not recognising headphones issue:-
- To begin the process, you need to right-click on the speaker icon that is present in the system tray.
- Now, select the “Playback Devices” option to open a “Sound window” option that displays a list of installing and enabled devices on-screen.
- In the next step, you have to right-click on the blank area in the list of devices and then you have to select the “Show disabled devices” option. Here you will get the display of all the devices along with device status. If the volume icon is blue then it’s an active device, if it’s a green mark then it indicates the default playback device.
- Now you have to click twice on the sound card and then select the “Enable” option. You will see a volume meter appearing next to the device and if you are able to hear the sound playing through the device, then the meter will be animated. In case there is no change in the meter that it is sure that the sound card is not receiving any audio signal.
- If you see the meter is animated but there is no sound in your headphones, then you have to click the speaker icon in the system tray to make sure the sound is not muted. And your headphone or headset may be at fault.
- In this step, you have to select your sound card from the list depicted on screen and then click on the “Set Default” option to set as default for all the audio files on your PC or computers.
- To set the device as default for telecommunication audio, you have to click the drop-down arrow and select the “Default Communication Device”. This specific option is only available if another device is currently set as default.
- Here, all the audio is played by the default device except the telephonic and video conference calls.
- Once all the default settings are changed and made up to your preferences, you have to click on the “Apply” or “OK” option to save and update the changes.
Note:- If the default communication device is disconnected while making or receiving calls, then the sound will play through your default playback device. In case, Headphones and Headset Problems still persist, then it is recommended to download HP Scan Doctor driver that will scan and rectify the error if any.
Information in this article is specifically for Windows 10, 8, 7. It may vary slightly as compared to other versions or devices. It is recommended to get well aware of the specifications of your connected devices. If this article doesn’t solve your issue then it is straightforward recommended to get in touch with HP Support assistant via helpline number that is available on HP’s official website.