When your hp laptop starts to show a problem that it is stuck at preparing for automatic repair, then the first thing you should do is try to know the actual cause behind it. When you know the responsible factors, you will be able to resolve the issue at the earliest. Most of the time, a user might not know what this actually means. So, in that scenario, it is most important to know what each problem is trying to hint towards.
What is the Windows 10 automatic repair feature?
This feature is not only available in Windows 10 but Windows 8 as well. The program is designed to fix issues with any PC that might cause an interruption in the user’s work, more specifically while booting a PC. This program might run automatically on your devices and may not stop when they are ought to do. This issue might get more grave by showing the blue or black screen of death error on your screens. Then, you have left with nothing but hard resetting your PC. No matter why you are seeing this error on your device, but we will try to sort it out by using the solutions given below.
Note: Before trying any of the given solutions, it is essential that you back up all the important data saved on your device.
Solutions to fix hp laptop preparing automatic repair
Solution 1- hard reboot your device
- First of all, remove the battery from your device.
- Now, press and hold the power button.
- Keep on holding for 20 seconds.
- And, wait for it to boot up automatically.
Solution 2- Boot hp laptop in safe mode
To enter the safe mode, you can follow the steps as mentioned below:
- First, power off your hp laptop.
- Now, insert the Windows bootable installation disk into it.
- Next, boot your device from it.
- Now, you have to press any key on your keyboard.
- This will boot the device from the CD or DVD.
- Now, select the preferred language and click ‘Next.’
- Then, select the option reading as ‘Repair your computer.’
- Now, select the ‘Troubleshoot’ option > Advanced options.
- Tap on the ‘Startup Settings’ > Restart.
- Finally, press the F4 key to boot it in a Safe Mode.
Solution 3- Perform a startup repair on your laptop
Note: you can use these steps not only on an HP laptop, but also on Dell PC, Lenovo, Acer, and so on.
- First of all, you need to insert the Windows bootable drive into your laptop.
- After that, you need to boot your device from it.
- Now, you have to choose one of the given languages and click ‘Next.
- On the next page that opens, select ‘Repair your computer.’
- After that, hit the ‘Troubleshoot’ option.
- Followed by this, tap on ‘Advanced Options.’
- In the end, just hit the ‘Startup Repair’ option.
- Viola, you are all set to use your PC again.
In case none of the solutions helped to fix HP laptop preparing automatic repair, you can try to disable automatic repair at Windows 10 boot. It will surely help you in getting rid of this problem on your PC. On an off chance, if nothing helps, try contacting the experts at HP Support.