Want to share your printer with other devices on a single network? Be it a printer of any brand, you will be able to connect it to the secondary printer. Well, the process for doing so quiet easy on Windows 10 and can be completed in a few minutes. To share printer Windows 10, you may undergo the process in two different ways i.e. through the ‘Settings’ of your PC or through the ‘Control Panel’. Setting up a sharing PC can be done wirelessly or with the help of a USB cable.
But, prior to beginning the process, you need to make sure that the setup process needs to be completed in the primary printer to connect the secondary printer. Once you make the necessary settings on the primary PC, you need to change the settings on the secondary PC as well. To learn the whole process in two different ways, follow the instructions given below.
Share printer Windows 10 using ‘Settings’
- To begin, click on the ‘Start’ button of your Windows device.
- After this, select the ‘Settings’ options or click on its icon.
- Then, go to the ‘Devices’ section and click on it to further expand it.
- Furthermore, you need to go and click on the ‘Printers & Scanners’ section.
- From the list of printers, choose the printer you wish to share.
- After that, click on the ‘Manage’ option and select ‘Printer Properties’.
- Further, choose the ‘Sharing’ tab and then select ‘Share this printer’.
- You may also edit the Share name of the printer.
When you are done, you may choose this name to connect to the secondary printer.
Share printer windows 10 from the Control Panel
- From the Start menu of your Windows 10, click and open the Control Panel.
- Now, go to the ‘Hardware and Sound’ section and select ‘View devices’.
- Choose the printer you wish to share and right-click on it.
- Then, select ‘Printer properties’ followed by choosing the ‘Sharing tab’.
- After that, select the ‘Share this printer’ option.
- When you are done, edit the name of the printer if you wish to and then connect the secondary printer using the same name.
If you need help connecting your HP Printer, then you may use HP Printer Assistant for the same purpose.
How to share a printer without a password?
In case you wish to share your printer and the password-protected sharing is on, then it is important to turn it off to give others access to shared files, folders, or printers. The process of Windows 10 share printer without password, you need to follow the instructions given below. Here is how you can disable the password protected sharing:
- In the search box of your Windows device, enter ‘Sharing’.
- After this, click on the ‘Manage advanced sharing’ settings.
- Now, using the down arrow, go to the ‘All Networks’ settings and click on it.
- This will expand the settings further.
- From the resulting page, select the ‘Turn off’ option.
- This will disable the password protected sharing.
- In the end, click on the ‘Save’ option to save the changes you have made.
This way, you can connect any printer such as HP, Canon, Brother, and so on. To know more about sharing your HP Printer, you can seek stepwise guidance by dialing the HP Number.