HP printers are known for their quality-driven outputs, however, there are certain situations that can be commonly faced by the users, and such situations can be frustrating for the users. There is more than a frustrating situation when the computer can’t find the printer. In such a situation if you wish to print the document and your wireless printer is in the error state. Well, here this article, will surely help you if you are stuck in such situations. You need to understand that a wireless connection should allow you to transfer the documents from the device to the printer, however for some users, it might be a tricky task. As said, this article will help you to fix the issues such as the computer can’t find printer USB. So, let us get started!
How to troubleshoot the wireless Printer problems?
Be it a Windows 10 or the computer can’t find printer mac, so here are the tips you can use to solve the Printer problem. So here are they:
- You need to. Check for the basics. Just set the printer as the default printer.
- You can restart all the devices.
- Run the Printing Troubleshooter.
- You need to check the Router settings.
- Update the router firmware.
- Just disable the VPN connections.
- You need to make the printer IP address static.
- Check the firewall settings.
- You need to change the SSID of your device.
- Uninstall and reinstall the printer driver and software.
- Uninstall and reinstall the printer.
- Reset the printer you are using.
- Clear and reset the print spooler.
What to do when you can’t find printer on network windows 10?
There is a chance that the Windows 10 which you are using might be able to locate the printer. It is not the end if you are thinking so, and the issue could be easily resolved by steps that you need to follow:
- First of all, you need to open the Windows search by tapping on the “Windows Key+Q” buttons.
- After this, you need to type in the “Printer” option.
- Just select the option that is labeled as the “Printers &Scanners” option.
- Now, you need to click on the “Add a Printer or Scanner” option.
- You have to choose the “The printer that I want isn’t listed” option.
- Just select the “Add a Bluetooth, wireless, or network discoverable printer” section.
- After this, you need to choose the connected Printer.
- Remember, if you are still unable to see the printer, you need to make sure it is switched on and both the printer and Windows 10 PC are on the same local network.
- Follow the instructions that are prompted on-screen.
How to change the default Printer?
The Windows will attempt to set the default printer by selecting the one that used the most recent one on the connected network. In this section, you will clearly find the solution to change the default printer. So, here are the steps, you need to follow:
- First of all, you need to open the Windows search by tapping the “Windows Key + Q” option.
- Now, you need to tap on the “Printer” option.
- After this, you need to select the “Printer & Scanners” option.
- You need to turn the “Let Windows manage my default printer” option off.
- Just select the printer you wish to set as default from the list of the devices.
- You need to tap on the “Manage” option.
- In the end, you have to tap on the “Set as Default” option.
What happens if the computer is still not able to detect the printer?
If the computer is still not able to detect the printer, then you need to check the printer connection, well here are the steps to be followed:
- First of all, you need to restart the printer.
- Power off and then power on the printer to restart.
- Check the connection issues.
- If the printer is connected by the USB cable, make sure the cable is not damaged and it connects firmly.
- You need to check the network connection.
In a conclusive viewpoint:
We by now hope that this article has helped you to troubleshoot when the computer can’t find printer. However, if you are still stuck up somewhere between the steps then you can visit the hp support webpage. You can also download the hp scan doctor driver from the official website and know what are the issues if anything apart from this happens and troubles you to print the documents from the HP printer.